You are here
Ph.D., Cornell University, 2004
I work in experimental condensed matter physics. My group uses scanned probe microscopes (scanning tunneling and atomic force), nanofabrication and electron transport measurements to get atomic-resolution structural and electronic information on quantum materials. We do a significant amount of microscope building and design, and collaborate with scientists both at Columbia and outside to obtain samples that are of interest. Current projects include studies of graphene and related two-dimensional materials, unconventional superconductors, charge and spin ordered materials.
1. E. P. Rosenthal, E. F. Andrade, C. J. Arguello, R. M. Fernandes, L. Y. Xing, X. C. Wang, C. Q. Jin, A. J. Millis, A. N. Pasupathy.
Visualization of Electron Nematicity and Unidirectional Antiferroic Fluctuations at High Temperatures in NaFeAs
2. C.J. Arguello, S.P. Chockalingam, E.P. Rosenthal, L. Zhao, C. Gutiérrez, J.H. Kang, W.C. Chung, R.M. Fernandes, S. Jia, A.J. Millis, R.J. Cava, A.N. Pasupathy.
Visualizing the Charge Density Wave Transition in 2H-NbSe2 in Real Space
Phys. Rev. B 89, 235115 (2014)
3. Zhao L, Levendorf M, Goncher S, Schiros T, Pálová L, Zabet-Khosousi A, Rim KT, Gutiérrez C, Nordlund D, Jaye C, Hybertsen M, Reichman D, Flynn GW, Park J, Pasupathy AN.
Local atomic and electronic structure of boron chemical doping in monolayer graphene
4. Schiros, T; Nordlund, D; Palova, L; Prezzi, D; Zhao, L; Kim, KS; Wurstbauer, U; Gutierrez, C; Delongchamp, D; Jaye, C ; Fischer, D; Ogasawara, H; Pettersson, LGM; Reichman, DR; Kim, P; Hybertsen, MS; Pasupathy, AN
Connecting Dopant Bond Type with Electronic Structure in N-Doped Graphene
5. Liuyan Zhao, Rui He, Kwang Taeg Rim, Theanne Schiros, Keun Soo Kim, Hui Zhou, Christopher Gutiérrez, S. P. Chockalingam, Carlos J. Arguello, Lucia Pálová, Dennis Nordlund, Mark S. Hybertsen, David R. Reichman, Tony F. Heinz, Philip Kim, Aron Pinczuk, George W. Flynn, Abhay N. Pasupathy
Visualizing Individual Nitrogen Dopants in Monolayer Graphene